HTH understands the value of privacy and will only use your details to process your order and provide an efficient and convenient service. We will NEVER give your details to mailing list companies or divulge your personal details to other companies or individuals except as stated in Use of your Personal Details (legals). All information will be used lawfully ie: in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988.
If you give us your personal information, we will only contact you to give you additional information we believe may be of interest to you, if you have given us your express permission to do so. If you are registered on the HTH database and would like to be removed, please email HTH and we will remove your details.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site: You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you. Some of our services will require further details.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us: (a) To register you with our web site and to administer our web site services; (b) for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have. We may keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) by any of the following methods: email telephone (including automated calls) SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging post fax or otherwise (including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you. (c) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
4. Fraud Prevention: In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
5. Disclosure of Your Information: We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above: (a) to our subsidiaries; (b) to our employees and agents to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by us now or in the future; (c) agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs; (d) to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you; (f) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6. New technologies are emerging on the Internet that help us to deliver customised visitor experiences. In particular, there is a technology called "cookies" which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our web site. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our web site. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our web site more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our web site. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your cart, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser program your computer uses. Please check www.allaboutcookies.org for more information (HTH is not responsible for the content of external websites. This link will open a new window.)
7. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
8. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
9. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website.
10. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
11. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
12. Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.